Unfortunately we are still hearing horror stories about the community getting scammed by fake container companies and private sellers, we have been alerted that some companies have even set up legitimate ABN’s, invoices and websites.
It’s heart-breaking hearing families and business’ getting scammed out of thousands of dollars and being completely let down, especially during tougher times.
When shopping around for shipping containers don’t be afraid to ask questions about the business
Here are some tips to help make sure this does not happen to you:
• Ask for depot location, if unable to visit the site investigate online that its legitimate
• If currently in lockdown and unable to visit site, ask to videocall and meet with your customer service officer
• Most companies will have decals on their containers with logos, ask for photos prior
• Check reviews and make sure they are genuine
• Check company history or establishment dates
This may seem like excessive steps although we want to ensure this stops happening and spread the word.
Please remember there is currently a massive supply issue so if the pricing sounds too good to be true, it likely is in this current environment
We hope this helps, keep safe